Adobe CS4 Master Collection Installed
The Studio has just installed Adobe's CS4 Master Collection, the complete collection of Adobe software for multimedia production.
The Studio has just installed Adobe's CS4 Master Collection, the complete collection of Adobe software for multimedia production. The applications now available include (from left to right):
- Adobe Acrobat 9.0 (for producing PDF documents and online collaborative editing)
- Adobe After Effects CS4 (for producing video titling and animation effects)
- Contribute CS4 (for structured authoring of websites)
- Dreamweaver CS4 (for web design)
- Encore CS4 (for DVD-video and Blu-Ray video development and encoding)
- Fireworks CS4 (for image editing, particularly images for web development)
- Flash CS4/10.0 (for interactive rich media, including web animation)
- Illustrator CS4 (for object-oriented illustration)
- InDesign CS4 (for document design and page layout)
- OnLocation CS4 (for tracking and managing footage when shooting video)
- Photoshop CS4 (for editing raster, bitmap graphic images)
- Premiere Pro CS4 (for editing standard definition SD and high-definition HD video)
- Soundbooth CS4 (for editing audio)
- Media Encoder CS4 (for compressing audio and video into Flash-compatible web formats)
We had a choice when purchasing: we could have purchased a box set, with printed media, or (for about the same cost) we could purchase Adobe's 3-year Maintenance Agreement, which will entitle the Studio to free (or, rather, already-paid) upgrades to the CS Master Collection for the next three years. We chose the latter, so in the ‘User Guides and Information’ folder in the Studio you can find PDF versions of the instruction manuals for these software packages. But, unfortunately, we don't have bound, printed copies, in case any of you wanted those. We had to choose, and I'm very happy with the future upgrades.
So, if you're a member of the Studio planning a multimedia project that may need higher-end multimedia facilities, please do stop by and familiarize yourself with the new software.